Saturday, 10 November 2012

:)

Hello lovely people :)

I just wanted to say - thank you so much - for your great, lovely, supportive comments on my last post. Even though it seemed like a bit of a downer compared to the one before it, the turning point/optimism has continued.

I finished the essays that I was whinging a lot about. I really don't have any idea as to how I've done, but I don't have high hopes. I did my best, and hopefully that's enough to get me through. We've now received another piece of coursework that's pretty tough, and it's due in before Christmas. Eek! I have to say, I'm definitely feeling the pressure of final year. It counts for so much more than the other years! :-/

Anyhow, despite the pressure, I'm feeling pretty good. I have to say, the other day I was walking along the road, and I just thought to myself... "yes, I'm happy." I just felt genuinely good. Nothing drastic had changed circumstance wise, the weather was still grey, I still had deadlines, but I thought to myself... I'm happy, I'm totally in charge of what I do, and I feel peaceful in myself. It was a moment that I'd been hoping for, for what seemed to be a long while. But it was when I stopped actively wanting and hoping to feel better that the moment came when I did. It's one big new beginning, and I guess since music is such an important part of my life, you'll hear it in my music. I don't mean I'm going to go all dubstep/, but maybe there'll be something there that you recognise as being different. I'm just saying this, but there may be NO change at all! Lol. But maybe there will be. :)

Over the next couple of months I'll be working hard on writing music for TV/film clips for my coursework, but I'll try to post what I do here. I haven't written music in what feels like ages!

(And in between I'll be recording my album tracks. :))

TTFN - I'll get to work. :)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

P.S...lovely autumnal colours in Surrey :)


7 comments:

Larry said...

Pretty colors indeed. Well, congrats on getting to where you now are. You sure did get a big dose of reality and therefore life thus far. Create your own reality. Think it in prayer and it can be made to happen many times. Again, congrats!!!

xenonrush said...

That sounded a bit more upbeat. It must be the dark evenings making you think you shouldn't be out and about having fun but should be busy working away. I always used to wonder what it was I found so hard about doing a piece of work - after I had finished it.
Nice autumn pic. You still using the 20D?

Tony said...

Autumn and Spring, the two most seasons for me. Both redolent of change which seems to be rubbing off on you a bit too.
So pleased that you felt lighter than you have done for a while and I am sure it will come out in your music. Some people wear their hearts on their sleeves, you wear yours on your guitar, or piano, or in your voice and it is an adorable part of you that I hope you never lose.
And cos I love a good quote, cop this one:
" A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds."

Never feel constrained by the need to conform to what others think you should be like. Life is out there, good, bad, indifferent, go out and grab it with both hands, it's all yours!

Hearty pat on the back for handing in your assignments (oops, steady there, didn't mean to pat quite that hard)
See, you did it. The assignments were tough, you didn't like them but you sucked it up and got it done. A Holly in this frame of mind is invincible.
Looking forward to the pic of you in cap and gown looking all highbrow and geeky :p

hugz n fluffy kittens x

xenonrush said...

A poem for essay and coursework writers:
Somebody said that it couldn’t be done,
But, she with a chuckle replied
That "maybe it couldn’t," but she would be one
Who wouldn’t say so till she’d tried.
So she buckled right in with the trace of a grin
On her face. If she worried she hid it.
She started to sing as she tackled the thing
That couldn’t be done, and she did it.

Trevor said...

When the Red , Red Robin comes Bob-Bob Bobbin' along ,

There'll be no more Sobbing' when he starts throbbiin' his old sweet song .

Wake up , wake up , get out of bed .

Get up , get up you sleepy head ,

Cheer up , cheer up the sun is red ,

Live , love , laugh and be happy !

I was going to pretend I'd written this but then I thought , nah , you'll never get away with it . ;-)

' 'Happy Days are here again .' ....... this is the opening line of another song I've just started to write .........now ,what rhymes with ' again ' ? I can't think of anything so perhaps I'll just repeat the word ' again ' again .......I think I might be on to something ! .......Nah , that's not working either .........scratch , scratch , scratch ..( that sound is me scratching my head ! ) .....I know , what about ... ' Give me sunshine in your smile , give me laughter all the while ....' ...."Nah , it'll never catch on . This song writing business is Blooming harder than it looks ! X

mercury said...

Time for Chilling

Holly has written her essay,
Time's now right for being messy.
Messiness is shaping up all around,
on the shelfs and on the ground,

in the cupboard, on the desk.
Order seems to her grotesque,
an antidote for life and love.
Better watch the stars above!

Hang on tighter to your dreams!
Be just happy, don't be sad!
Arrangement fits the boresome lad,
never touched by glistening beams.

"Where are my glasses?
Whatever! Here's a glass of wine."
Existence is a crooked line.

„It's time now for some relaxation!
Did this whistle come from the railway station?
Doessssssnnnn't matter at all!
Dunno whether it's spring or fall.“

The kettle is steaming, the moon is in sight,
but Holly is dreaming of glory and light.
And Ella, the spider goes out for a ride.

Trevor said...

I like WG's long poem and I also like Xeno's short poem . But which one's best ? There's only one way to find out ................. !!!