Tuesday, 28 August 2012

Serendipity

Hello, people of the blogosphere. :)

Here's my latest video...a song about fate, and serendipity, actually. ;)

Lately I've come to realise that it's not always easy to understand why certain things happen. You would've thought I'd have realised this by now...but I guess I've been lucky. I've always felt very much in charge of my own emotions, and actually felt that I was quite a strong person. But recently I've found it hard to work out whether I actually am strong, or weak. I've always been one to follow my gut, follow my heart, and work out the best path that way. But recently, I've realised that it's not as simple as that, and that, actually can be a pretty selfish way of looking at things. Sure, you have to do what makes you happy, but would you truly be happy if you are hurting people at the same time? I guess it comes back to a saying that I love, and think of every so often... "The truth of the matter is, you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it."
I was very lucky to have been brought up with a good sense of what is right and wrong, that will stay with me forever. If I know something is wrong, I will feel guilty. And therefore, know I have to change it.

So I guess I do still believe in following your heart. But following your heart is not just about you. You have to think of how doing what you want will affect those around you. If you're not happy with how you'd make them feel, don't do it. If everyone's happy, you can't go far wrong.

WAHEEEY we got all deep there for a sec! Ok, I'm outta there now. ;)

So...

Here's a new song, called "Serendipity". I think serendipity is quite a lovely concept, and I've always loved the film! Haha. What can I say? I'm a sucker for a fairytale. We can always dream.

I hope you are all well. :) xxxxx

10 comments:

Larry said...

Oh my, you just blew me right out of the water. You describe exactly how I used to feel. Searching... searching... why? What? In a nut shell, what is the meaning of life. Take it from one who wasted a life, there is a way that provides everything you seek. I know because I found it and the change in my life is staggering. It provides all the answers! Along with a host of wonderful treasures in life and, for eternity. Msg me if you want to know more. Now, to the song, lol. But, first things first. Will comment on it on YT. Love ya! :)

Larry said...

It is beautiful, Holly. And it says so much. Oh if I could just give you what I have. I would even lay down my life to be able to do so. May you find what I have found and may it not take you 60 years as it did me. :)

Tony said...

Song is lovely Holly, wistful and full of promise.

As for the soul searching...I have to admit I am consumed with curiosity as to what has got you in such a tizz...I simply can't bear not knowing so I want you to mail me and tell all :)
If you don't have my e mail you can message me at tony dot two at ntlworld dot com and ask me it :p
(Obviously the addy has no spaces and the dots are . and the at is a @)

mercury said...

Leider keine Zeit für Kommentare, muss mir 'Serendipity' anhören!!!

xenonrush said...

Wow! You had the same effect on Larry as Hurricane Isaac might have. You blew him out of the water. :)
Lovely gentle song and great stop motion video. I bet that took a while to plan as well as actually do. A good rainy day project.

Larry said...

Xeno: That thing is nowhere near here. The people in Baton Rouge are the ones who will be blasted out of the water. Heck, they already live below sea level in some place. No logic there, to me. When I used to be a private pilot, I remember setting the altimeter at 14' at Portsmouth airport so, we are a little higher, lol. One of the joys of living on the American coast, I guess.

xenonrush said...

Private pilot! Is that in the days when you were flying blow in from Columbia to the Dismal Swamp? Ah! The care free old days.

Larry said...

Moonshine from Harlan to Las Vegas.

David Ruben said...

Hmmm and here was me thinking serendipity was about emotional good fortunes, rather than avoiding alcohol prohibition restrictions LOL

H said...

Haha! Thank you so much for your comments lads! Sorry for the random bit of philosophical searching that came out in the middle there! lol. Thinking/searching aloud! lol. xx