Friday, 9 September 2011

Skillzzz...

Hi everyone! :)


How be we all?


So yesterday I had the pictures taken. Hopefully they'll turn out ok. Despite the subject, I have faith - Rob's a great photographer. I should be receiving them back about Tuesday-ish, so it'll be fun to see them. - I'll let you know when I've got them back and will put some up here and on my Facebook page too.


Yesterday I got shown this by the lovely Darren Smith - it's from a really cool music magazine called 'Future Music'. A track that we did together called 'Breath That Lights The Fire' made it into the featured section. - Demo Of The Month! - And what a lovely write-up!




And here's the track...


 Breath That Lights The Fire (2010) by NewAgedTravellers


Exceedingly exciting! :)


Also, the other day I was given a book by my old primary school teacher. It was a book made up of my work from when I was 6. All the work was based around the subject of buildings...what they're made of, different kinds etc....I actually looked through it with Brooke, and it gave her a good giggle.


Especially this...


(6 year old Holly discusses the importance of 'windowws')




(...and...er...no comment! Lol.)




Brooke especially liked the 'donceys' bit. The black pen is my teacher trying to guess what I meant to say.


I think I was away with the fairies. 


For a change! Lol. ;)


TTFN
xxxxx

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done to you and Darren on the Music Mag piece ~ very exciting!!

I think that work was very good for a 5-6 year old, especially the writing ~ some adults can't write as neatly as that. You were a student of few words even then ...... Once upon a time...3 sentences....THE END ~ still the same now.....unless you're in waffle mode of course ;-)

Larry said...

LOL, that was great! All of it. Just be glad you did not have a last name as hard as mine to learn in the first grade, lol. I still have nightmares about having to learn to write it!

They say 'time flies when you are having fun'. News Break: It flies when you ain't too! :)

Tony said...

Grats on the "Demo of the Month" spread. Is there a possibility the mag would give you 5k for gear? If so then I will keep things crossed for you. Or maybe it was just a "whatif" thingy. Loved the way you blew through the cash anyway hahaha:
"How much do I have left?" :)

Sadly I am about 2 generations away from any true appreciation of the style of music in the track, I just like your voice whatever package it is wrapped in.

I am offering up two awards of my own: Firstly to your old primary school teacher for doing such a wonderful thing for you. She/he gets a Golden Elephant award for knowing that memories are so precious.
Secondly to you goes the Golden Kitten award for almost unbearable cuteness.

Thank you for sharing those treasures with us. I shall never look at (or throo) a windoww or doncey the same way again.
Bigggg Hug.