Thursday, 24 March 2011

Independence

Hi everyone :)

I thought I'd just do a little hello/thinky update thing. :) I'm really pleased that you liked my latest video. - It took me a rather long time to make. Lol. - But not as long as you might think. I have a very good piece of software which allows me to set how often my camera takes a picture. - I set it to 2 seconds for most of the video creating process, and did all of the 'magic' things in between captures.

Should I have told you that? I mean...er...JOKE! It was all magic of course... :P

I've been in thinky mode recently...not that I don't normally think...but...anyway...

I think it has just dawned on me how much independence I now have. I think it has only just dawned on me because I have now settled down into this idea of independence.

And also, it has been accentuated by the fact that I find myself 'on my own' for the first time in six years. It hurts me to say - but I'm no longer with Ben. When you come out of quite a long and intense relationship you're bound to feel a tad lonely I guess. It's strange, but since the break up I've found it harder to write songs. All the songs that I've written about the subject seem like lies. - They're not - but in my mind, I know that because of the hurt/jealousy I feel, I may have a tendency to blow things out of proportion, and I don't want the songs to seem unreasonable. I don't know...

However, I will continue to write and see what happens. :)

I'm trying to treat this independence as a new beginning...I think that's the best way to treat it.

So here we go, new Holly. :) Well...not new...just braver and stuff. :)

xxxxxxxxxxxx

P.S - I'm currently starting to think about my next release, so more updates will be made from now on. :)

6 comments:

Larry said...

My first comment did not post. Try again.

Holly said: "I'm trying to treat this independence as a new beginning...I think that's the best way to treat it."

Indeed. Every single day that I live to awaken and open my eyes once again to a new day causes me to think that same thought. New beginnings, new experiences, change, change and change as the crazy rolling train steams along and never misses a beat.
You will be just fine no matter what happens along the way because you love and are loved. :)

David Ruben said...

That's nicely put Larry - the last sentance especially :-)

Has to be said of course that it seems the majority of 'love songs' are anything but; focusing on bereavement, infidelity or loss. So either write songs to "get back" (eg Carly Simon's "Your so vane" or being the injured party such as Dionne Warwick with the Bee Gee's "Heartbreaker") or show independance (eg Gloria Gaynor's "I will Survive"). Whilst "I don't want the songs to seem unreasonable." is very mature of you, don't let it stop you from writing your break-through signature "classic" international hit ! LOL.

On reflection, better just dwell on Larry's last sentance :-)

mercury said...

I woke up early in the morning, read your text and out of the dark Nelly Furtado's 'Try' swept across my mind:
' All of the moments that already passed
We'll try to go back and make them last
All of the things we want each other to be
We never will be
We never will be
And that's wonderful, and that's life '
I'm personally now at a state of my life, where the loss of naivities starts to be threatening. It's the strange feeling of being ejected into an alien and not really collaborative universe. Sometimes I'm envying people, who are able to keep a big set of illusions.
But I still have my small apartment bubble.

mercury said...

I do have some difficulties with the term 'independence' because of its absoluteness. I prefer 'context dilatation'(LOL). The context dilation is coupled with a 'sphere break', a temporarily decrease of immunological abilities (in a broad sense). So many things have to be recalibrated. Maybe even the 'truth' has to be recalibrated. A truth for every caliber? Sounds conciliatory.
Na gut, für mich als Nicht-Inselbewohner ist die lebendige Wahrnehmung der Kleinheit der Cowes-Sphäre und der Sprung in die größere Uni-Sphäre kein Kunststück, ich blicke ja von außen drauf. Mir sind aber auch die Gefahren bewusst, die mit einem größeren 'Außen' auf das Individuum eindringen. Auf jeden Fall ist Autonomie eine Illusion.
Autonomy is an illusion. We are always in need for a complement.

xenonrush said...

You need to be a bit careful with the independence thingy. The Americans have been going on about theirs for over 200 years yet they still keep coming over here to see how good life is on a sceptred isle.
Looking forward to the produce from the independent thinky song writing mode.

Tony said...

ouch...not much except large chunks of time do much to ease that kind of pain...BUT.. some things help. Hug a friend, cuddle a pet; write it all down in a song or poem (but think several times before you publish it |:) )

What doesn't break us only makes us stronger, and braver and stuff.

Sending a mystical hug through cyberspace...