Monday, 15 February 2010

Getting there......

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry it's been a tad quiet lately! I've been really busy with my artwork recently - only two pages to go now though! Phew! And then I need to send it off. :) Pretty cool, huh?

I've also just returned from a couple of days break in Bournemouth. I haven't been feeling well lately, I've had a sore throat and a horrible cough so haven't been able to do any singing...it's so frustrating. Even though I've still got a cough, I'm feeling better - so it's back to the arty stuff. I warn you now - it's not great, it's just that I'm a perfectionist so I need everything to be just how I'd like it to be. I'm no artist, but I do enjoy art. I studied it for my GCSEs and it took up a lot of my time because I'm such a perfectionist!

Anyway, I'd better go now.

Speak to you soon. :) xxxxxx

6 comments:

wolfgang said...

Holly, I'm sure it will be great and you a r e an artist! Du brauchst Dein Licht nicht unter den Scheffel stellen. <--Schöne Übersetzungsaufgabe ;-). Gute Besserung wünsche ich Dir außerdem.

wolfgang said...

Da ist mir ein Fehler unterlaufen.
Richtig ist: "Du brauchst Dein Licht nicht unter den Scheffel z u stellen." Aber: "Du musst Dein Licht nicht unter den Scheffel stellen." Ich kapiere diese feinen Unterschiede selbst kaum.

Ich gebe es nun auch auf, Dich davon zu überzeugen, dass Du eine gute Künstlerin bist. Du glaubst es mir sowieso nicht. Also lass ich es gleich bleiben. Ja, es ist besser so. Ich ziehe mich wieder in meine Ecke zurück und schmolle ein wenig....es hat ja keinen Zweck...wozu rede ich denn überhaupt...keine gute Künstlerin...tsss..."I underestimate myself" oder so ähnlich...hat sie doch mal gesagt...gegen falsche Bescheidenheit ist kein Kraut gewachsen...kein Kraut....

Larry said...

So sorry you are not feeling well and hoping you get better real soon. Glad to see you had a little break too. I am sure you needed one. Take care and remember, there is no urgent rush.

xenonrush said...

Your comment does beg the question “What is an artist”. Come and see the Summer Exhibition at the Royal Academy sometime. You’ll see that the mantle of artist is very broad and would certainly encompass your work. So heed Wolfgang and his words on Dein Licht and den Scheffel.
Artwork does take a long time even though people often have a perception that it is thrown together in five minutes. I went to see the Dali museum in St Petersburg FL (about 870 miles south of Larry) and I was told that one of my favourite paintings, which was hanging there, took Dali over a year to complete. So a couple of months with time off for Christmas, New Year, coughs and colds, snow, boat rides across The Solent is small in the scheme of things.
And, as my old granny used to say “If something’s worth having it’s worth waiting for” so take your time and do it as you want it.

Sis xxx said...

I think the image of a certain kitty is VERY artistic ;-)

wolfgang said...

Großartiges Banner, wunderschön gestaltet. Bravo!!!