Sunday, 10 January 2010

Pretty cool huh? :D - from our local paper.

The Choral Ensemble, led by Holly Kirby, right, sing Hallelujah. Picture by Peter Boam.

MUSIC, song and drama was the order of the day at Cowes High School’s annual Christmas celebration.

Held at St Mary’s Church, Cowes, the festive event saw performing arts students entertain the 150-strong congregation with original sketches and contemporary dance.
The school choir sang a selection of songs and carols, including Leonard Cohen’s Hallelujah and God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen, and there were also performances by the school’s wind ensemble, flute quartet and a clarinet ensemble.
Student Toby Metcalfe conducted the school band and there were solo performances by Hannah Jacobs, who played the cornet, and Hannah Tew and Macey Collier-Bain, who sang Andrew Lloyd Webber’s Pie Jesu.
Jed Dwight led the readings and Chloe Luter, Jack Lyne, Charlotte Pointing, Anna Brodie and Joseph Ashworth were among the students who read Bible passages, devised work and poetry.
A retiring collection raised £120 for Unique, a charity which supports those affected by rare chromosome disorders.

14 comments:

Larry said...

Very cool, indeed!

Uncle Tim said...

Found it: http://www.iwcp.co.uk/news/music/school-event-helps-charity-30600.aspx

As you say, cool indeed.

Larry said...

Cool, Uncle Tim! :)

Larry said...

Oh, I bet that Hallelujah was awesome!

me said...

I bet it was Larry ~ I missed it :(
It's a shame half the choir is not visible though :(
It's a lovely old Church too.

Larry said...

I am sure. LOL, looks like the photographer had an eye for our Holly!

xenonrush said...

I really did LOL when I was scrolling down the page and saw your caption about the water. Liked the polar bear, much more fun than the usual squat snowman.

Larry said...

That thing was quite a creation! Very impressive! Knowing Holly has more sense than to put a chemical in there that kills those awesome brain cells. Need proof? Just look at me! :) But, never again, lol!

me said...

Larry ~ I reckon it would be fascinating to read the story of your life! Have you ever thought of putting pen to paper ~ or ~ fingers to keyboard? :)

Larry said...

Because of the swamp experience, I have. But the fact is, I have no writing skills whatsoever. There is another 'Walden's Pond' within me except better, lol. However, it will never see the light of day.

xenonrush said...

But "Walden or Life in the Woods" was written more than 150 years ago so it's got to be time for an update. You could call it "The Dismal Swamp and Beyond".

wolfgang said...

Yes, Larry do it! And I really do not believe, that you have no writing skills. Looking at this website I got a quite different impression.

D.N.H. said...

Did you find a choral version of Hallelujah or did you arrange it yourself?

David Macauley said...

Hmmm - whenever we get our piccys in the paper, they are never very flattering - this is a lovely pic :-)