Tuesday, 19 January 2010

New title - A Woman You Don't Know. ;)

Helloooo!

I hope you are all well. :)

Yesterday I went back to the studio to finalise the mixes to make sure that I am 100% happy with the final CD. :) - and I am - 100% happy. Everything on there is how I'd like it to be. It was a kind of...please could we have more of this...less of this...different sound there kind of day. So now everything is sorted - all the tracks are....finished!!! :D

Now I just have to sort out artwork and ISRC codes...making a CD is so much more complex than I first thought. But all the hard work now will make actually holding the CD when it's all finished so much cooler. :)

The other day Donna, Andy, Brooke and I went out to take some photos - possible album art. It's so difficult getting a good picture. I was kind of thinking that the one that dapuppygirl edited on the forum would be good...
But we don't know where the background came from, and therefore we could have some copyright issues. - And also, that photo of me was taken...about 3, maybe 4 years ago so to me it feels kind of...too childy. Lol. (Childish didn't seem to fit. Lol)

Anyway! Here are some of the pics from the photoshoot on Sunday. Any thoughts/comments would be great. :) (And especially comments about whether you think that the piccy above would be better than any of the pics below...) Thankyoooou. :)
(Also - You can actually CLICK on the pics to make them BIGGER this time!!! :D)

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.

If one turns out to be more more popular than the others then perhaps I could upload some more like it and then you can choose again! Lol. :D Choosing artwork is soooo hard. :-S Aaaaah...and I have loooooads more too.

Anyhow, would be great to hear what you think. :)

TTFN xxxxx

Wait! We have a late entry!

7.
Not really :P

13 comments:

PBS said...

I like numbers 3, 4 and 5. I also liked a couple of the ones from Afton where you were stood on the bridge with the marshes behind you. You look gorgeous in all of them though :-)

me said...

Isn't the cottage Afton Thatch PBS?

TV said...

Hehe, Violet has becaome quite big :D

I really like 1, 3 and 6.
They show a very funny you and a very thoughtful you.
So it depends on the album-mood wich ones are better.
I'd rather pick the thoughful ones for your playlist.

TV again said...

Oh, the edit one is much to artificial for my taste. And that doesn't fit you.

xenonrush said...

Great shot with Violet. You look like you're going to a masked ball.
I like 3. It's got good tones and sharpness. And 1 would be good on the back with the track names overlaid down the lefthand side.
I like the edited picture at the start. Would be good on a Celtic style album but I don't think it's right for what I think you are trying to do with this one.
Still listening to Impossible and anticipating the rest.

Uncle Tim said...

Nice pic with Violet!

Difficult choice, but I like 3, 4 and 5 best.

B13 said...

I like 3, 4, and 6

Uncle Tim said...

I asked for a second opinion: Jenny just about likes 3, 4 and 6 best. She thinks that 3 is perhaps her #1 choice.

wolfgang said...

1 Very lively
2 'Sehnsucht'and 'Nachdenklichkeit', very intense expression

3 Wonderful composition: Vivid colours, fine structures, drape and a mysterious woman and enough space for text

wolfgang said...

2is3and3is4shameonmeandlockthedoor

H said...

Aha! Thanks for your comments everyone...it appears that 3 is the most popular. Is it album covery enough though?
I'll have a little play about with it and try to fit some text in. - I guess number three is not as bold at the other pics.
I see what you mean about the photoshopped pic too TV and I think that's a good point...
Perhaps I should do a poll on the website?xx

H said...

P.S - I'm surprised that none of you went for 7! ;)

wolfgang said...

7. requires a new title, like "Four Eyes only" , "Quadroophtalmia" or "Fur, Face and Furniture"