Wednesday, 11 November 2009

Hmmm...what do you think?

Hello peeps - I sort of need your help...

I don't know if you remember, but this time last year I entered a competition called LiveWired - run by our local paper. The prize was to win a place on the Acoustic Stage at the festival. I got through the online votes, meaning I had to perform in a live heat, but then got a horrible chest infection meaning that I couldn't perform. :(

This year I'd really like to give it another go - but I don't know which song I should enter to begin with and that's where I need your help. Last year I entered Topsy Turvy World, but I've written quite a lot more since. This song will hopefully go on the website as a representative of my music.

At the moment I've sort of got Tripping Through Violets in my head as that's more true to my live performances. - Oh the song has to be under 4 minutes too. I think TTV makes that by a few seconds. Lol.

Anyway, what do you think?

TTFN xxxxxx

P.S - I've got driving later. :-S It was a bit scary last time - partly because of the dark - partly because I was a bit rubbish! Lol. Dithering is my worst trait when driving. :-S Eek.

17 comments:

Larry said...

Cuppa time again! lol

TTV sounds good to me. As you said, that is a prime example of you. (Did that come out right? It is still early here and the cuppa is still nearly full, lol.)

Dithering? Well, just try to shake it off, knowing that it will fade right away and be replaced by confidence as you gain experience. :)

D.N.H. said...

I think your instincts will prove correct on this, and agree with Larry that Violets is a good choice. It's a lively upbeat song that I think will have general appeal.

I've never heard 'dithering' used in that sense, but a quick Google makes me think it means trembling?

me said...

I wondered about Tea Leaves? But TTV is good too.

To Dan...over here we sort of use it as in dilly dallying ~ lol ~ or can't make up your mind ~ does that make sense?

Larry said...

Tea Leaves would be awesome. Without the video, I think it is more emotional. TTV is a nice guitar working piece though.

Larry said...

...I meant, without the video to TTV. lol With it... well, what a beautiful video!!!

xenonrush said...

TTV with a guest appearence by Little Giggler will be sure to win the day. The festival would go wild.

Larry said...

Will the contest be a video or just audio?

wolfgang said...

TTV is a song for spring time, full of hope and joy , Tea Leaves is fitting better into the season.

Larry said...

Tea Leaves is a very powerful song, imho.

me said...

I agree with the Springtime feel of TTV......whereas Tea Leaves is an anytime song. It sounds good when H sings it with just guitar too :)

Uncle Tim said...

I think I slightly prefer the TTV video, but the Tea Leaves song is more powerful. It's very close, though. And, of course, I like lots of the other songs and videos as well, e.g. Poetry!

BeeDee said...

Glad to see you're still singing and sharing with us. Keep up the good work. "Blue Bayou" had to be put on the back burner. Probably until next Spring. I am in pre-production on my first short film, "Barbra". I describe it as a "dark, psychological thriller with a zombie-theme". It's basically an homage to "Night of the Living Dead". We will be shooting in the next few weeks. I'll send you a link to the film when it's ready, which should be sometime in December or January. There is an a capella song ("Hush Little Baby") at the beginning you could sing if you are interested. Let me know. - Bill

Larry said...

Where is that birthday girl, anyway, lol?!

Uncle Tim said...

Playing at a gig I suspect. She does quite a lot of that these days!

And yes, Happy Birthday for tomorrow Holly!

Larry said...

Good for her! Thanks, Uncle Tim!

David Macauley said...

I think....either

I'm right here - which is a really mature song that you could sing out with - I think everyone would be stopped in their tracks

or my all time fav.....

Tea Leaves

good luck - gosh was that a year ago - I remember you got sick you poor thing.

love S and S xxxx

David Macauley said...

also can I take a moment to please beg you to sing 'evening falls' sometime in the near future. - love and light - Susan xxxx