Monday, 5 October 2009

Haymakers' Sunday Joint :) Alroit bumpkins. :D

Hello peeps :)
Sorry it has been a while. - I'm here now though - just to do a write up about the gigs...well...today I'm going to write about the Haymakers' Sunday Joint because I have the photos ready for you. - I'll write about the Woodvale gig asap. :)

So! Yesterday was the Haymakers' Sunday Joint! :) - It was a nice day - despite being a little overcast. It was very chilled and there was some groovy music going on.

The was a big marquee in which there was a bar and a cake stall - and a stage for the musicians. :) The sound quality was really good actually (I thought) - well - it FELT good anyway. I could hear myself and the levels seemed to be good too.

Outside there were bales of straw...hay...straw...I always get confused! :-S - on which people were sitting, chatting, (smoking lol) and just generally chilling. When the music played not many people went in the marquee/tent (delete as appropriate) to watch the musicians, but just listened from outside (which was fine by me!). I didn't feel nervous at all actually - it was just a really cool, chilled event. I performed a 20(ish) minute set...here are the songs that I did in order...

Tripping Through Violets
Beautiful Deceit
Topsy Turvy World
Gold and Blue
Poetry

And then they went "MOOORE!!!" so I did Tea Leaves and Old Magazines. :D It took me by surprise that they shouted more. No one has ever done that before...well only at the Anchor Night gigs that I used to do for school, but they were my friends so they were probs just being supportive. I've got a couple of pictures from the event...

(They're a tad blurry...and I'm pulling some proper funny faces.lol)

(Uber lol at the straw on my tights!...hay...straw?)

I'll try to get the Woodvale one done asap too. :)

Hope you're all groovy. :)

Lots of love,

Holly xxxxx

5 comments:

LarryC said...

Thanks, Holly! That was fun to read about. Love the pictures! "MOOORE!!! :)

wolfgang said...

Holly, ehrlich gesagt, mich wundert es nicht, dass die Leute meeehr hören wollten. Du bist einfach sehr, sehr gut und Deine eigenen Titel haben etwas Besonderes.

D.N.H. said...

Are those blue wellingtons?

gassyoldman said...

Haha I didn't know you had a blog as well! Of course they wanted more! You are that good :-)
Bill xxx

A Fan said...

Hi D.N.H. :)
They were indeed blue wellingtons with pictures all over them of carousel horses - lol!
H didn't mention that she had to be very careful when she was singing that she didn't swallow a fly!! Ewwwww! They were everywhere!
Goes with the territory I guess!