Saturday, 16 May 2009

A Saturday

Today I've been to trying to record a song as a bit of a break. An electronic sounding one. I tried to record my 'passionate' one but it just wasn't working. I get really frustrated when I try to record stuff now as I can't seem to progress. I'm really looking forward to going into a studio one day so that I can have a professional sounding record.

Anyway, I was trying to finish the electronic sounding one so that I could upload it here. - So I finished it and then listened back to it and it sounded absolutely rubbish, so I thought I'd preserve your ears and not upload it.

I guess I could post the lyrics...but they wouldn't really mean much...

The mind is like a parachute, won't work until it's opened,
The love is like an onion she said; 'moon wrapped in brown paper'.
If only the whole world could feel the power of harmony,
Dreams are true whilst they last and do we not live in dreams?

The poetry is in the pity
Melodies of joy
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart
The best things in life are not things
To begin, begin
If music be the food of love play on, play on...

It's not the place in which you stand, it's where on earth you're going
It's who you are and how you live to tell the tale tomorrow
If only we could see the best in every single word
Then as we forget the pain we'll finally be one world

The poetry is in the pity
Melodies of joy
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart
The best things in life are not things
To begin, begin
If music be the food of love play on, play on...

The poetry is in the pity
Melodies of joy
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart
The best things in life are not things
To begin, begin
If music be the food of love play on, play on...


They may look strange written down, but can you see what I've done? :) Kudos to anyone who notices the pattern. :)

I'd better go now as it's quarter to midnight.

I watched a really really good program earlier about Wilfred Owen. If anyone's interested in having a look then you can watch the program on the BBC iPlayer sometime - it's not available at the mo but I'll post the link when it is.

Anyway...

Night night xxxxx

2 comments:

LarryC said...

Hmmm... How about a limerick, lol?

Seriously though, the words are nice - and deep. Cannot wait to hear it!

Your recordings sound just fine to me, and I love them, but a perfectionist, I am not, lol. :)

Palhadein said...

'The mind is like a parachute, won't work until it's opened'. I love this verse !! A very good beginning, funny... and so true !