Tuesday, 19 May 2009

Deutsch...

I really don't have much to report today either. Wow, how boring am I? :-S I had my German lesson this morning at school, then got home and revised German before having a German lesson again this evening.

I don't know what it is about the German language that I like. I've always liked it ever since I started learning in Year 6 (that means I was 10/11 years old). In year 9 (13 Jahre alt ;)) I had to learn Spanish and I really wasn't too keen. :-S I wonder what it is that attracts me to the language? I'd love to find out that our family has not too far distant German connections, I guess that would be a kind of explanation.

I get a bit frustrated sometimes when learning German though. I'm not very confident with speaking it and I really want to get good at it. I'd like to spend a bit of time in Germany during my gap year to improve my language skills and for a bit of a different experience. :) I'm not very well travelled - and I'd like to change that.

Anyway, I'd better go to bed now.

Tschüss! ;) xxxxx

3 comments:

LarryC said...

You say you are not confident speaking German... well, you know what they say, "Practice makes perfect". So, if you can go to Germany, you could sure get lots of practice.

And besides, you sing it wonderfully!!!

evil.live said...

If you come to Germany, you HAVE TO visit me :P
Well, at least, if your plans take you there...

Wolfgang said...

Wenn Du nach Deutschland kommst, vergiss Nürnberg nicht. Eine schöne mittelalterliche Großstadt.Hier kannst Du auch etwas über das dunkelste Kapitel deutscher Geschichte lernen.